Thousands of people across the globe are either living a life of low self esteem, or are seeking treatment option for the various dentofacial conditions affecting them. From protruded teeth, to spaced teeth, many people are increasingly seeking the right treatment to address these. One of the most effective ways of remedying such kind of teeth is by use of braces.
What are braces?
Bracers are like aligners; they are inserted or placed on the teeth to help them grow towards a certain direction or manner. When used over a period of time, braces have the ability to correct most deformities associated with the dental formula. Some of the most common types of braces include metal braces, ceramic braces, invisalign braces, lingual braces, to mention but a few.
Why lingual braces?
Of all the different types of braces out there, lingual braces continue to be a popular choice for many
- Lingual braces are very similar to Invisalign braces, although they are used differently. Lingual braces are inserted on the back side of the teeth, unlike invisalign that are on the outer side of teeth.
- Lingual braces make use of clear plastic like materials that are then carefully anchored to your teeth using bands and wires. These wires are however not visible since they are on the inner side of the teeth.
- Lingual braces are also known as incognito braces. This is due to their ability to be used without being noticed by an observer.
- The fact that lingual braces are inserted on the inner side of the teeth means that they are easier to take care of. Mind you, braces are made of delicate materials that need constant brushing and good dental care in order to keep them dazzling and white.
- Thus with lingual braces, even if they were to get stained, no one would easily take note.
What are the cons of lingual braces?
- Although lingual braces are very effective, they tend to be slightly expensive to get compared to other type of braces.
- Secondly, these braces require to be inserted by a very experienced and skilled orthodontist. Even the regular checkups and cleaning will require to be done by an expert.
Lingual braces are some of the most popular types of braces; they are highly effective and difficult to notice. To ensure that you get the best of these braces, you must visit the right clinic and speak to a professional orthodontist. See more on Facebook for Orthodontics